Digital Sophistication 12 July 2010

The committee met this Monday to discuss where we stand in our data gathering and where the committee should put its focus after this initial round of goals has been met.  John Jaffe has compiled a complete list of the hardware and media equipment for the entire college and posted it to our working site.   He has also broken that information down by classroom so instructors can see precisely what equipment is in each room.

The Instructional Technology Committee recently conducted a survey of the faculty to determine what the faculty would like to see if classrooms.  Tom Marcais compiled this information and sent it around to the committee and gave a report on the trends at the meeting.  This information will be used to help formulate our recommendations for how to achieve digital literacy.

Goal five of our current list was reworded to the following:  5.  To determine technological competencies faculty expect students to have in each disciplinary area and whether instructional/classroom time is used to develop/remediate these competencies; to define the technological outcomes students should achieve in each curricular area.  This change was passed unanimously.

The survey of the local high school students conducted by the Competitive Advantage group had some questions embedded in it from Digital Sophistication.  The results were not particularly revealing:  the students daily use their cell phones, email accounts, and social networking tools.  They expect fast high-speed wireless everywhere on a college campus.  We will get more information about students’ expectations for technology on a college campus in the fall when we poll the incoming students.

Lastly, we discussed the possibility of a pilot course in technological literacy to be taught by Tom Marcais this fall.  Tom has circulated a course proposal and discussed the potential structure of the class as five participants from the students, faculty, and staff each.  The committee will read this proposal for the next meeting and determine whether a pilot this coming semester is feasible.

At the next meeting we will receive a report on the best practices in technology from other colleges, discuss the pilot proposal, and set long-term goals for the committee.   The committee always welcomes your comments and suggestions and solicits your input on whether training in technology should be voluntary or required for students and whether giving academic credit for it or working on a certificate model would be preferable.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Gutierrez

Categories: Guarantee Digital Sophistication

28 Responses:

1. Trista says:

Wow, that’s what I was seeking for, what a stuff! present here at this weblog, thanks admin
    of this website.

Feel free to surf to my web page … pelvic mesh
    lawsuit – pelvic-mesh.net,

2. Dirk says:

Yes! Finally someone writes about pay for.

Take a look at my website … pay day loans

3. […] today show   scarlett johansson   never forget   Sons Of Anarchy Season 6   michael jackson […]

4. Consuelo says:

Feel fгee to surf to my wеb site: Web Siite (http://Www.Slideshare.Net/)

5. Elisa says:

Visit my web-ѕite … web page

6. Felix says:

hi!,I love your writing so much! percentage we communicate more approximately your article
    on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to unravel my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Having a look ahead to peer
    you.

Have a look at my webpage: natural remedies for acne

7. Richie says:

Very shortly this web site will be famous among all blogging and site-building visitors, due to it’s good articles or reviews

my page compro oro roma

8. Fae says:

There is no doubt that some hosting companies may offer a free or low
    priced service, but in return they places ads
    on your web page. So, you will need the support of the internet hosting firm at
    this interval. A website can only be viewable online if it is being
    hosted to a server that connects to the Internet 24 hours a day, 7
    times a week. Some folks make use of internet holding for businesses functions and some
    individuals make use of web organizing for personal functions.
    The majority of sites and blogs on the internet
    will only need minimal hosting plans, many of which will cost less than $10 per month.

They will also fix any problems that occur at
    the operating system level as well. Blogs and websites vie for position to gain more search engine traffic.
    The untapped vast potential of skilled IT technicians and healthy competition has paved the way to competent shared hosting services.
    This means that more users would be able to enter your site and you website speed and performance will be greatly enhanced.

In here, the consumer will need to paste the Host –
    Gator Coupon code that was copied before.

Feel free to surf to my web blog; Hostgator Coupon (http://www.bonexlifts.com)

9. Issac says:

My homepage – family mutator 2012 (http://www.pinterest.com)

10. Glen says:

Thank you for every other informative website.
    The place else could I get that kind of info written in such an ideal method?
    I have a venture that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

Here is my web site – Patria G. Wies

11. Marianne says:

What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this site, and paragraph is really fruitful in favor
    of me, keep up posting these content.

Feel free to surf to my webpage :: Jacquelin K. Joeckel

12. Kraig says:

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could
    get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

Also visit my web page :: Cristine Y. Poehler

13. Roberta says:

Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thanks for providing this info.

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Vikki M. Matsuda

14. Elvira says:

This is really fascinating, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and sit up for in the hunt for extra of your excellent post.
    Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks

Have a look at my blog – Margeret T. Sovey

15. Monty says:

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts
    and I am waiting for your further post thanks once again.

Feel free to surf to my weblog … Yuko T. Villatoro

16. Ola says:

Heya i’m Used Dumbbells for Sale [http://Www.youtube.com] the primary time here.
    I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to provide something back and help others
    like you helped me.

17. Niki says:

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and
    I am impressed! Very helpful information specially the remaining section :) I deral with such info a
    lot. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

Feel free to visit mmy web bkog :: Sarah Markel

18. Nichol says:

So, it takes very little time to express a product message to lardge set of audience.
    With over 11 years of experience in online marketing
    techniques, Linda hhas authored articles for several leading business journals, worldwide.
    Find out what their competitors aare doing using the mobile marketing platform.

My blog post free diagnostic automobile codes

19. Bob says:

Yoou can choose from the variety of colors, designs, styles
    and sizzes and provide your spewcifications too the online vendors, they
    will not only help you design your own toddler baby bedding but also provide you with
    their expert opinion. The white is a clkean colour and promotes good
    energy. If you indulge your pet with 4 mels per day or more they will become ever more demanding.

20. Lisa says:

Naturally fresh foods are most likely how to have a flat stomach for girls help you attain. We
    are all different, so the only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works best for you.
    Obesity is a major concern in the health sector today.

21. Forest says:

Even many of my personal trainingg clients struggle with this one.
    Muscle is built using proteins found inn foods and it also keeps your body
    from attacking thee muscle for extra calories once you’ve gotten rid of the blogilates flat stomach fat melter your body stores.
    This training will really burn many calores as compared to other exercises.

22. Noe says:

All thanks how to get a flat stomach tips you,
    Christina you have added spice to my life. Currently, there is one anti-obesity substance
    on the market that’s accepted for long-term use.

This helps to improve digestion and allows your brain to receive the “I’m full” signal quicker
    before you stuff in too much food.

23. Marylin says:

These exercises are great for increasing your metabolism
    levels, therefore helping you get a avon flat stomach pills for sale stomach
    quicker. Muscle is built using protfeins found in foods
    annd it also keeps your body from attacking the
    muscle for extra calories once you’ve gotten rid of the fat your body stores.
    With some routin exercises, a sound eating plan, annd a healhy lifestyle you will get the results thaat you
    want in no time at all.

24. Christen says:

They could belong to a particular age group, geographical region as
    well as educational background. Technology providers like us along with
    VAS players are constantly working ways to make money online by typing develop
    innovative solutions and create awareness among
    telecom operators and advertisers of next-gen technologies being launched.
    With the sheer amount of hours spent sending and reading texts, calling friends and family, reading e-mails and even accessing the Internet, it is without a doubt that mobile marketing has become an important advertising tool
    these days.

25. Omar says:

It will increase the effectiveness of the sms marketing
    campaign. For eg: Invertising or Invited aadvertising allows consumers to seeek specific information hee neds and the advertiser can then send a mobile video
    or a voice SMS to the specific consumer. s giving people more freedom to stay connected with
    the world around them.

my blog; ways to make money online forum

26. Emmett says:

This helps to control blood sugar and it’s easier to burn calories from small, light meals.
    The reduction of calories and the increase of exercise should be
    approached in increments not to exceed 5% per week.
    This helps to improve digestion and allows your brain to receive the “I’m full” signal quicker before you stuff in too much food.

my blog: flat stomach after vertical c-section

Leave a Response