Digital Sophistication 12 July 2010

The committee met this Monday to discuss where we stand in our data gathering and where the committee should put its focus after this initial round of goals has been met.  John Jaffe has compiled a complete list of the hardware and media equipment for the entire college and posted it to our working site.   He has also broken that information down by classroom so instructors can see precisely what equipment is in each room.

The Instructional Technology Committee recently conducted a survey of the faculty to determine what the faculty would like to see if classrooms.  Tom Marcais compiled this information and sent it around to the committee and gave a report on the trends at the meeting.  This information will be used to help formulate our recommendations for how to achieve digital literacy.

Goal five of our current list was reworded to the following:  5.  To determine technological competencies faculty expect students to have in each disciplinary area and whether instructional/classroom time is used to develop/remediate these competencies; to define the technological outcomes students should achieve in each curricular area.  This change was passed unanimously.

The survey of the local high school students conducted by the Competitive Advantage group had some questions embedded in it from Digital Sophistication.  The results were not particularly revealing:  the students daily use their cell phones, email accounts, and social networking tools.  They expect fast high-speed wireless everywhere on a college campus.  We will get more information about students’ expectations for technology on a college campus in the fall when we poll the incoming students.

Lastly, we discussed the possibility of a pilot course in technological literacy to be taught by Tom Marcais this fall.  Tom has circulated a course proposal and discussed the potential structure of the class as five participants from the students, faculty, and staff each.  The committee will read this proposal for the next meeting and determine whether a pilot this coming semester is feasible.

At the next meeting we will receive a report on the best practices in technology from other colleges, discuss the pilot proposal, and set long-term goals for the committee.   The committee always welcomes your comments and suggestions and solicits your input on whether training in technology should be voluntary or required for students and whether giving academic credit for it or working on a certificate model would be preferable.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Gutierrez

Categories: Guarantee Digital Sophistication

18 Responses:

1. Trista says:

Wow, that’s what I was seeking for, what a stuff! present here at this weblog, thanks admin
    of this website.

Feel free to surf to my web page … pelvic mesh
    lawsuit – pelvic-mesh.net,

2. Dirk says:

Yes! Finally someone writes about pay for.

Take a look at my website … pay day loans

3. […] today show   scarlett johansson   never forget   Sons Of Anarchy Season 6   michael jackson […]

4. Consuelo says:

Feel fгee to surf to my wеb site: Web Siite (http://Www.Slideshare.Net/)

5. Elisa says:

Visit my web-ѕite … web page

6. Felix says:

hi!,I love your writing so much! percentage we communicate more approximately your article
    on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to unravel my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Having a look ahead to peer
    you.

Have a look at my webpage: natural remedies for acne

7. Richie says:

Very shortly this web site will be famous among all blogging and site-building visitors, due to it’s good articles or reviews

my page compro oro roma

8. Fae says:

There is no doubt that some hosting companies may offer a free or low
    priced service, but in return they places ads
    on your web page. So, you will need the support of the internet hosting firm at
    this interval. A website can only be viewable online if it is being
    hosted to a server that connects to the Internet 24 hours a day, 7
    times a week. Some folks make use of internet holding for businesses functions and some
    individuals make use of web organizing for personal functions.
    The majority of sites and blogs on the internet
    will only need minimal hosting plans, many of which will cost less than $10 per month.

They will also fix any problems that occur at
    the operating system level as well. Blogs and websites vie for position to gain more search engine traffic.
    The untapped vast potential of skilled IT technicians and healthy competition has paved the way to competent shared hosting services.
    This means that more users would be able to enter your site and you website speed and performance will be greatly enhanced.

In here, the consumer will need to paste the Host –
    Gator Coupon code that was copied before.

Feel free to surf to my web blog; Hostgator Coupon (http://www.bonexlifts.com)

9. Issac says:

My homepage – family mutator 2012 (http://www.pinterest.com)

10. Glen says:

Thank you for every other informative website.
    The place else could I get that kind of info written in such an ideal method?
    I have a venture that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

Here is my web site – Patria G. Wies

11. Marianne says:

What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this site, and paragraph is really fruitful in favor
    of me, keep up posting these content.

Feel free to surf to my webpage :: Jacquelin K. Joeckel

12. Kraig says:

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could
    get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

Also visit my web page :: Cristine Y. Poehler

13. Roberta says:

Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thanks for providing this info.

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Vikki M. Matsuda

14. Elvira says:

This is really fascinating, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and sit up for in the hunt for extra of your excellent post.
    Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks

Have a look at my blog – Margeret T. Sovey

15. Monty says:

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts
    and I am waiting for your further post thanks once again.

Feel free to surf to my weblog … Yuko T. Villatoro

16. Ola says:

Heya i’m Used Dumbbells for Sale [http://Www.youtube.com] the primary time here.
    I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to provide something back and help others
    like you helped me.

Leave a Response